Skip to menu

XEDITION

Associate Research Professors

Seungjin Na (Computer Science) 

Research Interests
Bio-informatics is handling big data obtained from nature or experiments as materials, and main topic of bio-informatics is finding clinical solution or bio-marker for diagnosis of diseases. Especially, cancer is that most i interested in. Recently, large scale human EXOM sequencing and RNA sequencing experiments are carried out, so huge amount of sequencing data is collected. By this data, i want to conduct research about comparing sequencing data from experiment with reference genome sequence, and finding variations of DNA.

Keywords : Proteomics, Proteogenomics, Personalized Protein Database, Cancer genomics

Post-doctoral Fellow

Seunghyuk Choi (Computer Science) 

Research Interests
I have an interest in an interface between proteome and genome such as finding and verifying variational genes corresponding to an identified peptide/protein from MS/MS experiment, and discovering novel/known behaviors of non-coding/coding genes (mobile elements, pseudogenes something else). Current studies have suggested that aberrantly translated peptides could be important clinical resources such as targets for T-cell recognition. Together with those things, my research direction is discovering clinical noncanonical peptides derived from various non-coding (unpredictable) regions!

Keywords :  proteogenomics, non-coding genes, peptide/protein identification, immnunopeptidomics

Ph.D. Candidates

Wonyeop Lee (Computer Science) 

Research Interests
Bio-informatics is handling big data obtained from nature or experiments as materials, and main topic of bio-informatics is finding clinical solution or bio-marker for diagnosis of diseases. Especially, cancer is that most i interested in. Recently, large scale human EXOM sequencing and RNA sequencing experiments are carried out, so huge amount of sequencing data is collected. By this data, i want to conduct research about comparing sequencing data from experiment with reference genome sequence, and finding variations of DNA.

Keywords : Proteomics, Proteogenomics, Personalized Protein Database, Cancer genomics

Chen Qian (Computer Science) 

Research Interests

I'm interested in bioinformatics since it can provide help in healthcare field. With  further study in computer science, I hope to achieve skills in algorithms which can help me to analyze big data of bioinformatics to get better understanding in different types of diseases. By mining information and discovering rules, ultimately providing help for the development of new drugs and disease prevention.

Keywords : Bioinformatics, Big data

YuJin Choo (Artificial Intelligence) 

Research Interests

I’m interested in bioinformatics which is handling protein/peptide data obtained from nature or experiment, by using ai technique. My goal is to develop an efficient algorithm that can analyze novel disease research by using artificial intelligence, and furthermore, to develop disease prevention system.

Keywords : Bioinformatics, Artificial Intelligence

Seonggwang Jeon (Computer Science) 

Research Interests

Proteins are critical for life, playing a role in almost every biological process from relaying signals across neurons to recognizing microscopic invaders from producing energy for cells.

I'm interested in protein structure prediction which is crucial for interpreting functions of various proteins.

My goal is to develop a highly accurate protein structure prediction method which can be  a breakthrough in disease prevention.

Keywords : Bioinformatics, Protein structure prediction, Artificial intelligence

M.S. Candidates

Shanji Zhang (Computer Science) 

Research Interests

I'm interested in bioinformatics(proteomics) based on biology experiment big data. I hope to help the pharmaceutical and bio fields by improving the model performance such as the peptide sequence search algorithms and the novel peptide discovery algorithms.

Keywords : Bioinformatics, AI, Big Data

Yoonwoo Lee (Artificial Intelligence) 

Research Interests

I'm interested in bioinformatics, which analyzes protein/peptide data obtained from experiments using artificial intelligence techniques. My goal is to develop an artificial intelligence model that analyzes various biological data and predicts protein structures.

Keywords : Bioinformatics, Artificial Intelligence

Younghee Seo (Artificial Intelligence) 

Research Interests

I'm interested in bioinformatics also I want to handle large scale of data by using cloud system like microsoft Azure. My goal is to analyze biological sequence by efficient AI model(hopefully transformer).

Keywords : Bioinformatics, AI, Big data

Sehoon Park (Artificial Intelligence) 

Research Interests

I'm interested in bioinformatics, which is handling protein/peptide data obtain from experiments, by using artificial intelligence techniques. My goal is to develop an efficient algorithm that can analyze novel disease research and protein structure by using artificial intelligence techniques.

Keywords : Bioinformatics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning

Hyunjoon Lee (Artificial Intelligence) 

Research Interests

I am interested in bioinformatics, and my goal is to develop models that process and analyze big data and predict protein structure using artificial intelligence.

Keywords : Bioinformatics, Data Analysis, Artificial Intelligence

Jinwon Jung (Computer Science) 

Research Interests

I am interested in bioinformatics research using artificial intelligence models that handle protein/peptide data. My goal is to help research novel diseases by improving the performance of artificial intelligence models that predict protein structures and interactions.

Keywords : Bioinformatics, Artificial Intelligence, Proteomics

Soohyeon Park (Computer Science) 

Research Interests

“I’m interested in bioinformatics, especially in analyzing and interpreting protein/peptide data using AI techniques. I hope to develop a model that analyzes and predicts the protein structures related to illness

Keywords : Bioinformatics, AI, Data Analysis

Intern

Up